30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
30 color reproductions of artwork from The Group of Seven.
This book of postcards presents works by Tom Thomson, Lawren S. Harris, J. E. H. MacDonald, A. Y. Jackson, Arthur Lismer, Franklin Carmichael, F. H. Varley, and Frank Johnston. Their unique vision and iconic style continue to inspire and engage our collective imagination.
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
The Group of Seven shared a passion for Canada’s landscape and a strong desire to create a distinctive visual language. Their goal was to explore the country and paint it. As they traveled north, they found inspiration for the imagery that would imprint itself on the Canadian consciousness: depictions of the rugged, windswept forest panoramas of the Canadian Shield and the vast expanse of lakes and sky. Through their spectacular canvases and adventurous spirits, these celebrated artists have shaped Canadian art and identity.